ORGANIC SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING TIPS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
It goes without saying that social media is huge.
Did you know that 97% of adults say they have used social media within the past month?
Your business can benefit from growth on social media.
If your business is currently on social media, but you are looking to grow, we’ve got you covered.
There are tons of creative ways to boost your social media presence.
Read on to see the top ten tips for boosting organic social media.
1. Get Offline
Okay, you may be thinking, “Aren’t I reading an article on social media?“
You’re definitely in the right place. But social media should be taken to the real world after you’ve established connections online.
Social media personas often differ from our in-real-life personalities.
If you are trying to get to know a potential client or customer, you want to take your business relationship outside of the internet.
If you’re emailing or tweeting back and forth with a client, ask them to meet you in person or over the phone.
This way you’ll establish a more personal connection.
This will establish you as an actual person, and not just a brand without a face.
2. Focus On Your Newsletters
Newsletters are a great marketing tool that gets information out to your customers and potential customers.
If you don’t already have a newsletter, get to creating one.
Not only can you boost traffic to your website and business, you can generate more leads on social media.
Some ways you can incorporate your social media into your newsletters:
- Provide an incentive – Everyone responds well if they know they are getting something out of the action they are taking. If you are having a sale or are offering a promotional offer, let your customers know! If you want to increase organic social media followers, let them know how they can score deals via your social media platform. Let’s say you offer a surprise discount for the nth follower – let your customers know how they can follow you.
- Force them to share – Did you know you can add a “Tweet this” or Facebook link within your newsletters? You totally can! Ensure that your customers are sharing this info with their friends and following your page by adding a link to do so. This way, it makes it easier for your followers to find your page without doing additional work on their end.
- Hype it up – We all love suspense! Build up excitement in your newsletters by letting your customers know where and how you are announcing some exciting news. Let your customers know that you will only be releasing this information via your social media platforms. Make sure to instill that if they are not following you on social media that they may be missing out on new products, new locations, etc!
3. Add A Social Media Presence To Your Website
You want your customers landing on your website.
But your interaction with them doesn’t end there (and sometimes doesn’t really begin there, either).
So make sure that you’re letting them know where else they can find you.
Have an Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook?
Stick that information throughout your website.
Create social media sharing buttons that are eye-catching, to add to your website that easily links your customers directly to your social media accounts.
You have a contact page, right?
This is the easiest way to incorporate your social media outlets into your website.
Aside from your phone number and address, let customers know they can contact you in other ways.
Do you have a blog or other content that is listed on your website?
Include a call to action at the end of each blog post to remind customers to follow you on social media.
If your blog posts have a lot of traffic, you’ll be surprised to see how many new followers you will start getting!
4. Interact With Your Customers
Simply allowing your customers to follow you on social media isn’t enough.
If you’re truly trying to build organic social media growth, you have to make sure you’re interacting with them.
After all, that’s what social media is all about!
A lot of people air their grievances (or positive responses) via social media.
If you start noticing comments about your products or services, make sure you respond to them.
This way, customers will know that you are truly dedicated to their business.
The great thing about interacting with your customers?
They will tell friend friends.
And, if their Facebook friends or Twitter followers notice that they’ve been interacting with you, you’ll gain more followers to your page.
5. Make A Posting Plan
There are certain times when your content on social media will show up more often than other times.
Make sure that you are aware of the optimal posting times so you can reach the biggest audience possible and get more organic social media growth.
You can do your own research on these times, but we can also give you a heads up on when you should be Tweeting and Facebook posting.
The best times for posting are:
- Facebook – Friday is the best day of the week to post. That could have a lot to do with the fact that people are excited about the weekend, and they’re slowly getting out of work mode. The best times to post on Facebook? Before 8 a.m. and after 8 p.m. These have shown to generate the most likes and shares by users.
- Twitter – The best time to tweet for your business is at 5 p.m. on any given day. If you are trying to generate a ton of retweets, you should opt to post around 3 p.m.
6. Emojis Are Key
You would never think about dropping emojis into your business emails.
But you should be including them in your social media posts!
Emojis grab the reader’s attention and makes them want to check out what you have to say.
They also show your brand is more in touch with its customers – and that’s never a bad thing.
So the next time you think you shouldn’t use an emoji for your business content, think again!
7. Hashtag It
Just several short years ago, the number symbol was known as the pound key.
But nowadays, people refer to the # sign as the hashtag key.
And if your business isn’t using this hashtag/number symbol/pound key, you’re definitely missing out on organic social media growth.
Adding a hashtag to a post allows you to be found by thousands and thousands of eyes.
You can also jump into conversations by searching hashtags.
Hashtags also make it easy for your customers to find you and the things that they enjoy.
8. Tag, You’re It!
If you scroll through the comments on any social media platform, you’ll notice a lot of people tagging their friends and loved ones.
Maybe they found that the content was helpful to their friend.
Or they instantly thought of them when they saw it.
Maybe they wanted them to see a product that they liked.
Whatever the case, tagging friends in social media posts helps generate more views.
So if you are looking for organic social media followers, ask your current followers to “tag a friend”.
This will be a fun way to engage with your customers, and it will also generate tons of new leads for your business.
9. Introduce Quizzes And Polls
Remember those quizzes in the back of magazines we used to take to see which color we were, or what type of shoe you would be?
Instead of magazines, people are taking quizzes online.
You can generate a lot of engagement with your social media platforms if you add these to your page.
People enjoy taking polls and quizzes, and these types of interactions don’t take a lot of time.
They may even refer their friends to check out the quiz or poll, and you’ll be able to garner more followers this way.
10. Give It Away
Free stuff. Who doesn’t love a freebie or a giveaway?
The answer is pretty clear: everyone loves free stuff!
So why not entice your customers to follow you by offering a freebie for the 100th follower?
Or you can take it a step further by having them actually take more action to get those freebies.
Have your customers tag their friends, share a photo, and leave a comment to be entered into the giveaway.
This allows them to interact with your brand while also getting your name out there for more to follow you.
This is one of the easiest ways to get organic social media followers.
Use Organic Social Media Marketing Tips
Getting organic social media followers takes a lot of time and effort.
But if you are looking to grow your presence online, it’s totally worth it.
There are tons of creative ways you can gather organic social media followers.
We’ve only hit some of the top ten that you can use.
While you work toward extending your organic reach, you should add a strong paid media campaign to help subsidize your organic growth.
Start acquiring paying clients – we’ll show you how…